The Level 2 Award in Community Sports Leadership is a nationally recognised qualification that enables successful candidates to lead groups of people in sport/activity, under indirect supervision.
The qualification teaches generic leadership skills such as organisation, planning, communication and teamwork through the medium of sport.
It is a fun and practical qualification with no entrance requirements or final examinations to sit.
The award consists of seven units of work:
- Plan, lead and evaluate a sport/activity session
- Developing leadership skills
- Lead a session to improve fitness
- Adapting sports activities
- Establish and maintain a safe sport/activity session
- Organise and deliver a sports event or competition
- Pathways in sport and recreation
In order for students to complete the award, 10 hours demonstration of leadership must be completed.