Free School Meals – is my child eligible?
Children of families who receive one of the following support payments are eligible to receive free school meals:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earning from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after the person stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
I think I my child is eligible – how do I apply?
The easiest and quickest way to apply is on line via Nottinghamshire County Council, link below.
You can also call and a preliminary benefit entitlement check will be undertaken and if successful the process will be completed by the end of the call. Telephone: 0300 500 8080
How do free school meals work at The Minster School?
Rest assured that your child has a dinner money card exactly the same as everybody else in the school, the free school meal allowance is loaded on to the card by the school and requires no input from your child. Your child uses their card to purchase their meal in exactly the same way as everybody else, any remaining credit is rolled forward to the next day and is removed from the card at the end of the week.. If you feel that you may be entitled to claim, then we would encourage you to do so. Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.